Temporary residence permit based on a work permit in Ukraine

Temporary residence permit in Ukraine (TRP) – a document that certifies the identity of the foreigner, and gives the right to reside legally on the territory of Ukraine, freely (without a visa) to enter and leave the country, during the entire period of its validity. You can get temporary residence permit from the age of 16.

One of the grounds for issuing a residence permit is a work permit - obtained by the employer for his employee. Such an employer can be either a company (LLC, private enterprise, joint-stock company, and enterprises of organizational legal form) or physical persons -private entrepreneurs. You can become an employee in your own company, that means, that you can register your own company with capital 1 dollar, than get work permit for 3 years (as owner) and resident permit for the same period. An exception to obtain work permit is provided for founders / co-founders / beneficiaries, whose share in the authorized capital of the Ukrainian company is not less than 100 000 euros per person. For such founders / co-founders / beneficiaries do not have to obtain a work permit, you can immediately get a temporary residence permit.

Please note that the foreigner, after obtaining a work permit, should obtain a visa D at any consulate of Ukraine abroad (for countries with visa entry regime) or to enter Ukraine after the date of receipt of a work permit (for CIS countries).

Particular attention should be given to the duration of stay in Ukraine until the receipt of the TRP. It is legal to stay in Ukraine for the period of validity of the visa (for visa countries) or not more than 90 days in the last 180 days from the date of the last entry into Ukraine (for visa-free countries). Also, your passport must have a validity period that covers the period for which the residence permit will be issued.

The temporary residence permit is issued for the duration of the work permit (up to 3 years) and can be extended unlimited number of times.

In addition, it should be noted that every foreigner who received TRP is obliged to register his place of residence (registered in Ukraine) within 30 days. If, for example, the lessor of a rented apartment does not consent to your registration (in his apartment), we will help you with such registration for one of the addresses of our apartments for additional fee (Kiev or Kiev region).


Required documents:

1. Application

2. Photo 3,5х4,5 cm (4 pcs.)

3. Passport with Visa D

4. Work permit

5. Application of the receiving party (employer)

6. Insurance (We provide medical insurance for foreigners (for aim temporary resident permit in Ukraine)   for a period of 1 year. The cost is 675 UAH / year)

7. Identification number

8. Fee


Term: up to 10 days (for temporary residence permit)


Our company is ready to provide assistance in the shortest possible time, separately and in a comprehensive manner for each issue: to set up company in Ukraine, to obtain a work permit, to assist in obtaining a visa D (for Arabic and Asian countries), obtaining Resident permit and registration of a residence at our or your address.